Sunday, May 18, 2008

Its a little bit funny, this feeling inside...

Well, it has been almost 3 years since that faithful day...
I could still vividly remember when I was still so odd looking and back when there was no Pavilion, I loved going to Times Square...

One of those days in my school U I stepped in with a couple of friends... I haven't had single meal for I was nervous the entire day. The fact that I was about to come to close encounter with destiny was really a nerve wrecking experience... I remember entering and writing my name upon the white coloured forms and submitting pictures, people bustling by, some striking a chord while another giggling. I was in my blue top and white pants, my uniform for 7 years in high school...

I went and sat there with my Bio book. I read through the pages until this cute reporter came to me and Tifz to ask what were we doing there... I simply replied, "I am here to get a rather honest and professional opinion about myself" After a couple of hours, the number 11487 was called summoning me to the room with 9 others, as nervous as I was.
I did not see a recognisable face, not someone I have ever met yet, I went in and I came out.

Then, uncertainty shrouded me... people were being called to and fro except me and another guy... The moment of truth, the rest was sent home while I have to make another trip on Monday...

Monday came and I packed well... I have a plain over sized white T shirt on and a brown pants. I took my number once again. I went to wait for 6 hours before I was summoned. I was third in line, The first came out with a glimmering yellow A4, I couldn't believe my eyes, he was Faizal, Mat Rock. Then it was my turn, but before I went in, someone came out and slammed the door, I knew my chances were slim...

I went in and was asked with the getting to know you question with an additional comment that I looked like a scientist. They thought I was a joke...

But soon after a tribute to Stevie and Micheal I knew I nailed it... Yes, I joined Malaysian Idol 2, 3 years ago...


me and Tifz...
I reminisce those sweet moments when I got my yes' and my golden ticket. I later dropped out due to exams but as a consolation, a 2 minute video of my audition immortalised my experience. Well, I still savour every moment especially when I get an alert in my mailbox that I got a new comment on Youtube, I would go and check what others have said about me... Not all are encouraging but it keeps me going and constantly encouraged that one day... I will make it!!!

2 comments:

Medie007 said...

did you post your vid urself??

David The Man said...

Eh, why blank out all the beautiful faces?